The Skete of Fataciuni in the Prefecture of Tutova29 October 2011
According to sources from the middle of the 17th century, an old church of the Dormition of the Theotokos is reported to have existed in this locality. It was burned down by the Tatars in 1711 and remained deserted. In 1752 it was reconstructed by the Hatman Ioannis Bogdan. On 3 March 1784, Dimitrakis and Georgios, sons of the deceased Great Vornik Manolakis Bogdan, nephews of Ioannis, dedicated the skete to the Monastery of Vatopaidi, together with two other sketes – those of Galbeni in the Prefecture of Tekutsi and of Kileni in the Prefecture of Tutova, which were metochia of the skete of Fataciuni – with their property to the Monastery of Vatopaidi33. We do not know from other sources if the Vatopaidi fathers considered the latter two sketes as their metochia.
In 1847-1848 the descendants of Manolakis Bogdan were in dispute with the Monastery of Vatopaidi, probably over the question of whether Fataciuni should continue to remain as its skete. Ultimately, the skete and its property – Fataciuni, Kilieni, Tsernuesti and Praza – continued to be in the possession of the Monastery of Vatopaidi34. Today it is in fairly good condition.