Fr. Stamatis Skliris was born in Piraeus in 1946. He graduated from the Faculty of medicine (1971) and afterwards from the Faculty of Religious Studies. The he devoted his energy to the study of art and art history and his stays in Paris (Ecole des Beaux Arts) and Belgrade would have to be mentioned, as well.
Along with his wife Marina he spent 2 years in Serbia, mostly in the Monastery of Cheliye, in the immediate vicinity of Fr. Justin (Popovic) – today St. Justin of Celje, Serbia. During that period he decorated the monastery chapel devoted to St. Stefan the Decansky.
He was initiated into the priesthood and since 1979 and has been serving in Athens.
He painted the Church of St. Elias the Prophet in Piraeus, of St. George in Stemnica, the chappel of the De Pahlen-Agnelli in Geneva. He also did the icons in the church dedicated to St. Nektarios and the church of St. Maxim the Confessor in Kostolac.
Concerning his icon-painting, he owes his personal style to fertile synthesis of rich icon-painting tradition and contemporary art.
See his profile at: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=16700561711&v=photos